The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado is an all-new midsize pickup with the style and versatility of a truck and the refinement, maneuverability and efficiency of a crossover.
“Many people like the ‘can-do’ spirit of a truck, but they want a vehicle that is easier to maneuver in traffic and easier to park at work or at home,” said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager.
“Also, they don’t want to give up the latest in convenience and safety features, which aren’t available on current midsize pickups. For those customers, the new Chevrolet Colorado is the perfect choice.”
Colorado is available in four-door extended- or crew-cab models, with a choice of a four-cylinder or a V-6 engine and offering segment-leading highway efficiency of up to EPA-estimated 27 mpg highway for the four-cylinder and 26 mpg with the V-6 (2WD models), when properly equipped. The Colorado also offers the segment’s highest-available trailering rating: 7,000 pounds with the available V-6 engine and heavy-duty towing package.
Traditional truck features such as four-wheel drive and a highly flexible bed with Chevy’s GearOn™ system are available, enhancing capability.
The Colorado features triple-sealed doors inlaid in the body sides, like the Silverado, for improved aerodynamic performance and a quieter interior. To help keep overall mass down, lightweight materials such as a segment-first aluminum hood are used. It also offers the segment’s first active aero grille shutters, designed to enhance aerodynamics when closed.
Models and trim levels include Work Truck (WT), LT and Z71. The off-road-inspired Z71 features a gunmetal grille surround – a change from the chrome standard on the other models – projector headlamps and 17-inch aluminum wheels with all-terrain tires.
Colorado’s innovative solutions for hauling and accessing cargo include:
• Standard CornerStep rear bumper design pioneered on the 2014 Silverado
• EZ Lift-and-Lower tailgate
• Standard locking tailgate
• Standard two-tier loading that allows a platform to effectively split the bed into upper and lower sections, making it easier to haul, store and conceal items such as tools
• Thirteen standard tie-down locations throughout the bed for use with available, movable cargo tie-down rings
• Seventeen-inch aluminum wheels are standard on Z71
Blending cues from Silverado with a style all its own, the interior of the 2015 Colorado is designed to be comfortable, is thoughtfully equipped and well connected. A bold, upright instrument panel with large controls and a center console with a floor-mounted shifter similar to those found in midsize cars and crossovers.
2015 Colorado Reaches Higher
• All-new midsize truck with expected class-leading capabilities and versatility
• Segment’s best horsepower – 200 hp for the standard 2.5L and 305 hp for the available 3.6L V-6
• Maximum trailering rating of 7,000 pounds (V-6 models with available towing package
• Segment-best fuel economy of 27 mpg highway for 2.5L 2WD models and 26 mpg highway for 3.6L 2WD models
• Chevrolet MyLink with Text Messaging Alerts and Siri Eyes Free
• OnStar with 4G LTE and standard built-in W-Fi hotspot includes 3GB/three-month data trial)
Colorado cabin designers paid exceptional attention to detail and premium appointments, including a sculpted headliner that enhances headroom, halo lighting on key controls for easier view and an open area at the front of the center console for easier phone charging. The Z71 model features exclusive color and trim details, including embossed seatbacks and contrast stitching.
Colorado’s seats are designed for long-haul comfort and wear, too. They use dual-firmness foam for greater comfort on long drives and high-wear, stain-resistant cloth seating trim. Leather-appointed seating is available
Comfort is enhanced with technologies, connectivity and other features that support owners’ daily and recreational lives including a 3.5-inch-diagonal driver information screen in the instrument cluster. Additional interior features include:
• Standard 4.2-inch-diagonal color radio with a USB port on WT models
• Four standard USB ports on LT and Z71, including one on the dashboard, one inside the center console and two on the rear of the center console
• Eight-inch-diagonal color touch screen radio is standard on LT and Z71; navigation is available on LT and Z71
• Enhanced connectivity and convenience with MyLink includes text message support and Siri Eyes Free for compatible iPhone users
• OnStar 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot is standard on LT and Z71 with a 3 month/3GB(whichever comes first) trial, and available on WT
• Standard rearview camera system
Enhanced connectivity and convenience with MyLink includes text message support and Siri Eyes Free. With text message support, the driver can be alerted to new messages and can have them read aloud, view and respond to them (functionality depends on the smartphone).
The Colorado delivers the capability expected of a Chevy truck – engineered to offer better payload performance than any competitor and segment-leading trailering. Like the Silverado, the Colorado has a fully boxed perimeter frame, which provides the strength to support its capabilities, as well as a confident, smooth and quiet ride.
Another Chevy truck feature offered on the Colorado is the G80 automatic locking rear differential. It is standard on Z71 and available on WT and LT.
The 2.5L and 3.6L engines offered in the Colorado are tuned uniquely for truck duty – including more torque at lower- and mid-range rpm levels – for a more confident feeling of power when the Colorado is loaded or pulling a trailer.
They’re also the most efficient in the segment, with up to 27 mpg EPA-estimated highway mileage with 2.5L 2WD models and 26 mpg with 3.6L 2WD models, when properly equipped.
An available Safety Package includes Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning, uses camera-based technology to warn driver of potential crash threats.
The 2015 Chevy Colorado arrives this fall to dealerships.